Surviving the Heatwave and Live Tweeting on X

There's something special about attending live events, and a local event called Curtain Call was no different. As a college student who loves local music and her hometown, I was pumped for this event, especially because it featured Chris Brokamp. Chris is a local artist with an amazing voice, and hearing him live was so special.

The Curtain Call event was a lively gathering with awesome music, friendly vibes, and even themed drinks. One of the standout beverages was the 'Kampfire Sangria,' a clever nod to Chris Brokamp’s last name. Unfortunately, since I'm not 21 yet, I couldn't try it, but it added to the fun atmosphere and made the night feel special.

Even though I was having a great time, my chronic health issues decided to crash the party. Despite my best efforts to manage them, they got the better of me this time. Right in the middle of Chris’s singing, I started feeling dizzy, so I went to my car and ended up passing out. It was a little scary, but not anything new for me.

Now, let’s talk about live tweeting the event on X – or as I prefer to call it, live tweeting on Twitter. Yes, I’m still calling it Twitter because, to me, it will always be Twitter.

Twitter was created in 2006 as a short message service, and honestly, I’ve never been a user of the app except for when I downloaded it in high school for a little bit. I actually just redownloaded it two days ago for a Social Media class assignment.

It’s interesting to see that more males use Twitter than females. It kind of makes sense since a lot of my friends prefer Instagram for its visual content. I was also surprised to learn that Twitter is only the 14th most popular social media platform; I thought it would be closer to six or seven.

After learning more about how Twitter works, I see it as the most limiting social media platform I have learned about. The restrictions on character count and the number of photos per post keep things short and sweet. These limits I think can be annoying, but they’re what make Twitter unique. Without them, it would just be another Instagram or Facebook. In 2017, they even doubled the character limit from 140 to 280, which was a big change.


Despite these limitations, Twitter is super active, with over 500 million tweets posted every day. Crazy, right? The algorithm decides which tweets show up on your For You tab based on likes, comments, replies, verifications, and media presence. Each interaction helps boost a tweet's visibility, making the platform a easy space for real-time updates and conversations.

Live tweeting at Curtain Call let me share the event with people who couldn’t be there. I honestly liked live tweeting more than I thought I would, maybe it's because I like to talk so much. Even though my night took an unexpected turn, I still really enjoyed the experience. So here’s to more nights of great music, fun, and hopefully, better health!

Comments

  1. It sounds fantastic to go to local events like Curtain Call when musicians like your local Chris Brokamp perform live! Your passion for the local scene and your "Twitter" live tweeting are energizing. Despite the health issue, you have a positive attitude. Continue to share your travels, music, and social media passion! Can't wait to hear about next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts