Turning summer into a learning adventure


Summer is finally here, and with it, the much-anticipated break from school. Being back home is such a nice change of pace, especially after a long semester. When you're a major homebody, it is so comforting to be back home and with your family again.

Although I am a homebody, I am someone who needs to stay constantly busy. So this summer, I've jumped back into my internship at Modo Media, our local media and marketing firm. This is my third year with them, and I couldn't be happier to return. The team here is fantastic, and it's been great reconnecting with everyone. There's always a fun energy in the office that makes every day exciting and work so enjoyable. Whether I'm brainstorming campaign ideas, attending client meetings, or creating content, I'm constantly learning and growing. One of the highlights so far has been the various events I've attended. From local community gatherings to grand opening ceremonies and ribbon cuttings, I've had the chance to capture some amazing moments on camera. I'll be attaching some of my favorite photos that I've taken so far this summer below, so be sure to check them out. These events are not only great networking opportunities but also perfect for honing my skills in real-world settings. In addition to my internship, I'm also taking on two online summer courses: Principles of Social Media and Principles of Marketing. These classes are both a part of my PR minor, and they are already proving to be incredibly insightful. Balancing work and school can be challenging, but these subjects are so relevant to my current job that it feels like everything is interconnected. The flexibility of online courses allows me to fit study time around my internship, which is a lifesaver. Despite the many positives, I really do wish the weather was warmer. Sitting by the pool with friends is one of my favorite summer activities during downtime, but unfortunately, the weather hasn't been very accommodating to my plans.  
Overall, this summer is shaping up to be a good mix of productive work, educational advancement, and fun moments at home. I'm excited about the opportunities ahead and can't wait to share more updates as the season progresses.💗🌞


Comments

  1. Hi Mia! I enjoyed reading this as your first post! I like that what you are doing this summer really ties into what we are learning in class, social media is so fun! I also like that you included pictures of different events you've attended from work, nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts